Firmware update for Single User (SU2-80) controller boards
A new firmware version can be loaded to the Single User controller board using the Firmware update feature available in the touchfoil™ Configuration Software.
1. Connect the controller board to the computer and execute the touchfoil Configuration Software.
2. Navigate to Firmware Update (located in the Tools section)
3. Press “Choose File“, locate the *.vpu firmware update file on your computer (often located in C:\Program Files\Visualplanet\touchfoil Configuration Software\Firmware\) and press “Open“.
4. Wait until the firmware update process is completed. Once the “Firmware is updated successfully” message appears, close the windows.
5. Verify the Current Version under Tools/Info tab.
Note: The version number (e.g. v. 142122313) is explained as follows:
14: Year (2014)
12: Month (December)
23: Day (23th)
13: Hour (13:00)
and therefore the 15020312 would be a newer version than 14122313.
The following video demonstrates how to update the Firmware version of a Single User controller board using the touchfoil configuration software.
Note: The firmware v.16040514 is compatible with the Configuration Software v.2.0.0 and onwards versions.