touchfoil™ compatible Glass
The touchfoil™ works with a variety of glass types, including anti-reflective and mirror glass, suitable for a large range of applications as shown in the list below.
When sourcing glass to be used with touchfoil™ ensure that the glass is non-metallic and non-conductive. Low-E, K-Glass, and other metal tints stop the touchfoil™ from working. We are happy to test customer samples to ensure compatibility with our products.
- Standard low iron float glass
- Guardian Industries | Dielectric Glass (DM 60/40)
- Schott | Amiran
- SCHOTT | Conturan Daro (blue)
- AGC | Stopsol
- Sevasa | Etched glass
- Europtec | Eagle Etch (anti-glare)
- NSG Pilkington | OptiView™ Ultra
- NSG Pilkington | MirrorView™ Gen2 50%
- NSG Pilkington | MirrorView™ Gen2 52%
- NSG Pilkington | MirrorView™ Gen2 64%
- Groglass | Sapphire (AR) single side coated
- Groglass | Sapphire (AR) double side coated
*NSG Pilkington has worked extensively with Visualplanet to create a range of mirrored glass called “MirrorView™ Generation 2” with works perfectly with the touchfoil™. When sourcing MirrorView™ ensure it is “Generation2” as the first generation of MirrorView™ is conductive and therefore not compatible with the touchfoil™.
If unsure about your glass, we recommend to contact us for testing advice prior to applying the touchfoil™ or ship a sample to Visualplanet for testing. The Merlin Lazer Low E Coating Detector is a good solution to detect conductivity.