MT2 installation in Win8_1
Note: There is no active development on this product
There is a known issue with the MT2-64W v1.6 Build 18 installation in Windows 8.1 & Windows 10.
Here is a workaround to complete the installation:
- Install MT2 driver in Windows 8.1
- Run the installer. When you get the error message press OK.
- Navigate to your system specification to determine the version of your OS (32/64bit)
- Navigate to your hard disk to the installation folder and go to the tools folder:
- Go to PC32 folder for 32 bit systems or pc64 folder for 64 bit systems
- Locate the twotouchAdd application and execute it as administrator (right click, Run as administrator)
- An Unknown device will have now been added in Windows Device Manager under the Human Interface Devices (HID).
- Back to the tool folder (\pc32 or \pc64) locate the application file dpinst and execute it as administrator (right click, Run as administrator)
- Follow the instructions to install the Visualplanet driver.
- In Windows Device Manager you can now verify that the previously Unknown device under the HID tab is now identified as visualplanet device.
- Restart the computer
- Navigate to your system specification panel (Settings / PC info or Control panel / System) to verify that below your system type you have the “Limited Touch Support with 2 Touch Points” option present.
- Navigate to the installation folder and then to the bin folder:
and execute the file MT2_64.exe to start the driver.
- If the driver is required to run at system boot, you can manually create a shortcut to the executable file (MT2_64.exe) and place it in the windows startup folder.
Additional information can be found here.
Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused. Should you have any problems, please don’t hesitate to contact support.